Sunday 20 May 2007

A novice cow blog

I have been inspired to blog by a talk I heard on Thursday at the Women in Rural Enterprise (WIRE) conference in Taunton. It was from Heather Gorringe of Wiggly Wigglers (what a great name). She was telling us how she progressed from farmer's daughter with a compost heap and a dream to a successful business woman with 16 staff, 900 product lines and a successful blog.

I think I may have to paint for 100 years before I reach 900 different cow paintings but at least I can start a blog.

My idea is that I can show the progress (or lack of progress) of my paintings and give a bit of background to them.

I will link it to my website cowsoncanvas.

1 comment:

Heather @ Wiggly Wigglers said...

Hello Jackie
Great to hear that you are completely inspired to try blogging. You will find the latest Podcast Sisters show may help. (http://www.thepodcastsisters.com/) as to make a real success of your blog you need to start linking to folk, commenting on other blogs and get a watchlist so that you know when anyone mentions your name (thats how I knew you mentioned my name).
I think your Cows on Canvas are stunning and would love to get one for Farmer Phil. Perhaps your next post could be on how you choose a cow to paint!
Best Heather