Sunday 10 June 2012

Last day of cow painting at Dorset Art Weeks

It's the last day of Dorset Art Weeks today and the cows have had many admirers in my studio. It has been lovely to meet so many cow enthusiasts. In particular, it was great to meet a dairy farmer from Maiden Newton way who told me lots of useful and interesting facts about cow breeds (something which I am sadly ignorant about when people ask me) and so fantastic to meet an amazing family from Melbury Bubb who use their smallholding to help adults with learning disabilities work with animals and agriculture.
I've also been to some fabulous exhibitions locally. The inspirational Gerry Dudgeon and his jewel-like landscapes, Rose Hatcher and her colourful and skilful felt work, Carolyn Finch's amazingly detailed  seascapes, Felice Hodges use of chalky and soft colours in her abstract paintings to name but a few.

Now the cows are off to pastures new! Watch this space for cow news!!

No comments: